Thursday, January 17, 2008

From Mommy




















Look at those peepers! Cole worked really hard to give you a picture with his eyes open. He loves that baby slumbering and it's so hard to open the eyes.

I have been going to see Cole during the day and then going back at night with Matt, aka Daddy. We go after Ava is in bed for the night so we have had pretty late nights. It's our slight introduction back into having a newborn at home and the hours we will be keeping.

I was afraid to touch him at first. I was so afraid I was going to hurt him with the incision and all. I saw how all the nurses were handling him and stood there in awe. I was comforted as a mommy to see it's ok to handle Cole like a normal newborn for the most part.

Today I got there just as he was starting to demand food. He's eating like a Griffin, he ate 4 oz. and wasn't too thrilled about having to stop to burp. His incision had not had any more new weeping and the whole time I was there there was nothing new!

*The Day We Have Been Waiting For*
Tomorrow is a big day for us. They told us today that Cole will be going home with us! We are so excited for him to be home with us but nervous at the same time. I feel sorry for Cole that he gets me as a mommy because I would have everyone of those monitors hooked to him 24 hours a day for the next few years if I were allowed. There will be much eye rolling from him as he grows up because I feel I will be quite the hovercraft. Poor Cole.

We'll post tomorrow's homecoming!

Until then thank you all for your prayers, they have held this family up, especially this mommy who has had quite the pin ball machine of emotions this last week and a half. We love all of you and your support means more to us than you will ever know!

2 comments:

Shana said...

Laura
How amazing that he is coming home tomorrow. We will pray that you have the confidence and support you need. Let us know if you need anything at all! Love, Shana Chris and Preston.

ramona said...

Cole is very blessed to have such a mommy as you who cares for him so much!!! May the Lord hold you all in his right hand as you bring Cole home. Big hugs, Ramona