Saturday, January 26, 2008

My First Doctor Appointment


On Wednesday the 23rd Cole and I had our first outing together. He had his first baby visit. Aunt Krista had a great idea and offered to come sit in our car with him until I could take Cole directly back to a safe room and not have to sit out in the waiting area. She met me, hopped in our car and I ran up and signed in and they said I could go get him because they already had a room waiting for him. Being a newborn heart baby, they set aside a room away from everyone for him. So Aunt Krista's call of duty was short lived, but extremely thoughtful and helpful!

We saw Dr. Cook who is one of our favorites and Cole was pretty impressed. He just layed on his blanket taking it all in. Our little peanut weighed in at 8 lbs 11 ounces! He had gained a 1/2 lb. since he came home on Friday the 18th. Before Dr. Cook came in, his nurse asked what is oxygen levels had stabilized at when he left the hospital. I told her around 92. She hooked Cole up to the O2 monitor and it read 92! I breathed a little sigh of relief (even though anything in the 80's is acceptable) because anything with a 9 in front of it right now helps us sleep a little better at night....................did I say sleep? Sorry that would be the wrong word right now, sleep no longer resides here at the Griffin house any longer:)

Dr. Cook asked how much Cole had been eating. I told him it was 120 ml. and we cut him back to 105 ml. because he was eating until he was uncomfortable. Dr. Cook said he was very pleased with everything and one last thing he said was, "I want to tell you that we don't usually see heart babies that eat this well."

Till next time...

Laura

No comments: