Saturday, February 9, 2008

One Month Old!


This past Thursday was Cole's 1 month birthday! It seems like it has been 6 months since he was born and since he looks 6 months old and eats like a 9th grader, we tend to lose track of time.

He is doing very well - better than anyone expected. He is holding his head up on his own already and can almost roll over onto his stomach. He is very strong for his age and he will need that strength later on in life. Cole is also very alert - when someone enters the room and he hears their voice, he immediately turns and looks at the person as if to say "can I help you with something?"

Laura and I are trying to find a nickname for him. Ava's nickname was "chubby" when she was young and it later morphed into "Blondie McGoo" since her ears look like satellite dishes on the sides of her head. Well, Cole has these little wrinkles on his forehead that become visible when he raises his eyebrows...so we are considering "wrinkles" as his early nickname. We also like "Wrinkles McGee" and "Hoss." Ava's favorite is "Hoss" because she can say it clearly.

Sleeping is not going as smoothly as it once was. Our plan so far has been that I take the midnight shift since I am usually still awake and that leaves Laura with the 4 am shift. Our thought process was that Laura could go to bed early (around 9 pm) and sleep until 4 am and I could go to bed at 1 am and sleep until 7 am. This plan works pretty well, but sometimes there are "hiccups," pun intended.

Thank you all for your cards, gifts, meals, visits, e-mails, comments, etc......we appreciate it all and it all means so much. We will try to update this blog to keep you all informed.

God Bless!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so glad you sent me your blog link, and I am very impressed with Cole, his parents, and the power of prayer. Thank you for sending this to me, and I will share your link with our church members who have been praying for you guys.

Larry H (a.k.a. your soldier)

Griffin Family said...

Mr. Hannan!

It made my day to see a comment from you on Cole's blog. I know that I do not write or e-mail much, but I do keep up with what is going on in ya'alls life through Laura.

Please continue to lift Cole up for us, and feel free to share our blog link with anyone and everyone.

I know I have said this multiple times, but I think it cannot be said enough: THANK YOU FOR YOUR SERVICE TO PROTECT US! God Bless You!