Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Say Goodbye To The Chest Tubes.....Only Tomorrow

Cole and I took a ride down to Sanger for x-rays and more blood drawing today. We were so close with the fluid volume being down, but close doesn't get chest tubes pulled.
So tomorrow morning, Cole and I have to be at Levine's at 6:00 am. I know disgusting to be up that early, right?
Actually, not so disgusting because one of the mornings that I was sitting there on my bench in the hospital on the 8th floor in room 2 there was a beautiful sky before the sun rose, I'm not sure why I didn't just say sunrise, but the sun wasn't even close to showing itself, just a rainbow colored sky. So some things are worth being up that early for.

Anyways, they are going to put Cole out, but just a little to remove the tubes so he doesn't feel it or remember. I had heard talk of it being done without anything and this mama was having no part of any more pain than Cole has to have at this point. I'm sure they are really quick and really good at what they do, but if pain can be avoided right now for our little boy I'm choosing that. Who else is going to be his advocate? Now that I think of it, many of you would be:)

I'm not sure how long the process to get Cole out will take, but the removal and stitching up the holes should take about 10-15 minutes. I'm not sure how long we have to hang around after for them to monitor Cole, hopefully we won't be there long and I can come home to wish our Blondie Magoo (Ava Griffin) Happy 5th Birthday and drop Cole off so I can take Ava to school for her birthday.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So happy to say goodbye to "the worms"...a great birthday present to Ava to have Cole home "safe" just like you promised. God is indeed Good!

Love, Auntie K

Anonymous said...

Praise God for all of your joy! Thanks for being that strong mom who IS the advocate for Cole! Wishing a very Happy Birthday for Miss Ava! Hugs & kisses!