Friday, September 24, 2010

Like a Cat Whose Hair Has Been Rubbed In The Wrong Direction


This title describes how Cole was from about 11:30 on today. He was irritated with it all, with everyone and anything! He had his hands behind his head or we caught him in a moment with his hands on his face staring at Thomas and G (Tom and Jerry) and had one leg crossed over the other at the ankle just moving his foot with the O2 monitor strapped on his toe in a fast agitated circle. Round and Round his foot has gone until I left this evening to get some sleep and see the girls. Matt came this evening to spend some time with Cole. I went to sneak out because he seemed to be about to doze off in daddy's arms and I heard behind me in a small sleepy voice "don't go mom." I told him I would be back just not when. For the sanity for us all I came home to get sleep and go back tomorrow in the morning.
Thank you for the continued prayers! There is much to be thankful for and give God the praise.

Goodnight to everyone and sweet dreams. Tomorrow is a new day. I am hoping for donuts from MJ Donuts in Pineville! I am going to go read to Ava now and pray and maybe sing her song "Over The Rainbow," and tell her I love her:) The Tank Lila Griffin will get her love too:)

2 comments:

Shawn Davis said...

I love the title. But most of all, after ready your posts from the last couple of days all I can say is my heart hurts thinking about his pain, and your's being his mom (and dad). God has blessed you with Cole, He knew you both are capeable (yes I think I spelld that wrong) of loving him and caring for him. Anyway this part of E TN has been praying for you guys and the other families at LCH. And when you need a funny for the day give Kaye a call and ask for the Wyatte story of the week!

Lisa Newsome said...

Cranky or not, it was so good to see that sweet boy sitting up in bed...talking, watching tv, being grumpy!!!! It just means he is getting better minute by minute!!! You are amazing and I love you guys!