Sunday, September 26, 2010

MOVIN ON UP TO THE 8TH FLOOR!

This was Cole yesterday 9/25/10 relaxing with Daddy



Movin on up to the east siiide (Matt and I were singing that to Cole as he looked at us like we were idiots)









Thank you to everyone that has given Cole something to make his recovery rooms more like home! I showed Cole each card and each book and each toy. He was trying to be a good sport and everything I showed him he said "wow" in a monotone voice:)

I went back up to Cole around dinner time and found a note left by his nurse


The nurses constantly have to come in to check vitals, give more medicine in his IV's (he feels whatever goes in and cries), drain chest tubes and so on, etc. After a while of this, he was crying "I go home, I go home" for the next hour. Trying to tell a 2 year old that the more he lets them do their job the quicker he gets to come home is a tough thing to do.

Matt came up late last night to spend the night since I was going to be there for the week.

Matt said this morning they went for a ride in Red Rider wagon and Cole clapped his hands and said "yea." It made my day because that is our Cole Bear, and to see his old self come out for a brief moment made things a little bit brighter! I can't wait to get back to him, but spending some good time with the girls and Sharon is nice too.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow! On to the 8th foor, I'm sure that is progress! What a big brave boy he is!(and mom & dad too) Everytime I get to see another pictue of him, I am awed to see this absolute grace filled MIRACLE!
It is as if we can see God working day by day! I love his big boy hair cut! We continue to pray and love each of you from a distance! Please kiss his head for us! Love, Edie & Lynn